Greetings

To all my family and friends, far and near~ thanks for checking out my blog! Mommy and Daddy are trying to keep up with my postings, but keeping up with me takes lots of time. I am growing and changing so much and we never know what a day may hold, but one thing will never change... God's love is unwavering and his providence is undeniable!

keep in touch

Friday, May 16, 2008

Around the world in 80 days

WOW! Well I have been neither around the world, nor travelled for eighty days, but it sure feels like it! I have lots to share with you! Mommy and Daddy have been lugging me all across the country the past few weeks. Of course you know we went south to Alabama and Destin, but that was just the beginning. I have been to Nashville, TN actually two weekends in a row. First we met Nana and Grandfather so he and Daddy could go to a Moody Blues concert and I got to spend some QT with Nana. That was so special! She rocked me to sleep~ something I could definitely get used to! The following weekend we were back out there for Mommy and Daddy to run a race. However, Daddy wasn't feeling good at all so Mommy had to run by herself. Can you believe she went 13.1 miles and could have taken me with her in a stroller and she didn't? But I got to meet her at the finish line. Then Mommy, Aunt Rachel and me went to Jacksonville, FL to see one of my Aunt Jennifers (I have two, one is living in Africa for a year!) She is going to have a baby in December. So that means I will either have a new best friend or a wife. I'm told there is an arranged marriage already planned. I also met my great grandma and grandpa Grubb for the first time! It was a very special day! My travels didn't end there. I came home for a couple days and packed again to head to the coast... the Pacific coast!! I went to San Fransico! I had the time of my life (except for the usual meal time and bath time!) You name it, I've seen it! Fisherman's Warf, Chinatown, Golden Gate Bridge, Napa Valley and Yosemite! I made lots of new friends! We were on a five hour (one way- mommy and daddy didn't know that when they booked the tour) bus tour to Yosemite and everyone around me started singing my favorite nursery rhymes. I think they were trying to keep me from crying- and it worked, they were quite entertaining actually! This weekend I am going to see my Mamae and Papa Don. I haven't see them since I was two days old! Then we are going to stay at home for awhile and take lots of naps. I've had a busy few weeks! I have a few personal accomplishments I am a little proud of... I got my arms and legs to work together to crawl... and forward too! And what has a green face, green shirt and green hands? ME after eating green beans! Yup! I have had my share of green beans and squash and today I tried applesauce! Hello taste buds! (But Mommy don't get too far away- I still need you!) So there is my story for this chapter! I hope all my family and friends are doing well! Talk soon! Here are a few of my favorite pics! Me and Mommy on the plane. I survived nine hours on planes, 10 hours on a motorcoach, and countless trips on cable cars, public buses and trains! Me and Daddy at the Golden Gate Bridge. While in Chinatown, one must have egg rolls. Lower Yosemite Falls. Mommy and Daddy's favorite spot, Seal Rock at Land's End. (I am the one under the blanket!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sarah,

I love the new pics and update! I didn't know you were in California! How fun!!! We need to chat. Email me your phone number, I don't have it here, so I can call you with my new calling plan! I love you!